Larry E. Gellman, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Gellman has been in practice for 15 years. He specializes in weight loss surgery and laparoscopic paraesophageal hernia repair for reflux. He is noted to be one of the top laparoscopic surgeons on Long Island and one of the few surgeons to perform hernia surgery for reflux. He was recently named the co-director of The Bariatric Program at North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, which has recently been given the distinction of a ³Center of Excellence². His down to earth demeanor make patients feel comfortable and confident in his surgical skills.
Dr. Larry E. Gellman graduated with his medical degree in 1989 from Universtiy of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin. He then completed his internship at Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY. Continuing his education Dr. Gellman completed his residency in surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center and became Chief resident. Dr. Gellman then completed a fellowship in Laparoscopic Surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- American Board of Surgery
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- New York Laparoscopic Club
- New York Minimally Invasive Surgical Society
- American Society of General Surgeons
- Association of Program Directors
- Association of Surgical Education
- Weight loss surgery
- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication ( paraesphageal hernia repair for reflux)
- Laparoscopic hernia repair